Tears and deep mourning in Ubulu Uku community in Aniocha South Local Government Area of Delta State as a 21-year-old Peter Akabueze, was electrocuted.
The case appears to be that of ‘blessing turned sour’, as the community which had survived without power in the last six years, now lost a member due to high voltage power.
The tragedy occurred when Peter attempted to turn off a control switch at his family house.
Esther Okolie, a corporate affairs operator, sympathising with the family of the deceased said, it was a result of a failed insulator and the shattered insulator led to the high voltage.
Although she further said that it was discovered that Peter’s hand came in contact with a live wire, which was used to illegally extend supplies to another apartment.
A lawyer, Pascal Ofulue, explained that several factors were to be considered in order to ascertain who is liable.
Accepting that it was an act of God, the family have painfully accepted the loss.
Meanwhile, the community’s distribution company had been advised to improve the distribution lines in order to stabilise voltage and prevent a recurrence.
NNN.COM.NG is a portal where you can read latest Nigeria News from all Nigeria Newspapers such as such as Punch, Vangaurd, Daily Times, Thisday, Guardian, Nation, Leadership and more in one place. NNN aggregates Naija News and sort them according to their sources, category and relevance as a way of reducing the effort a news reader needs to put in to reading breaking news in Nigeria and across the world.