The Gombe State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board (MPWB), says transportation of pilgrims from the state to Saudi Arabia for the 2017 hajj will begin on Aug. 2.
Alhaji Usman Gurama, the Secretary, Gombe State MPWB, announced this on Thursday in Gombe, when he briefed newsmen on activities for the 2017 pilgrimage.
He said that preparations had reached about 95 per cent, and urged the pilgrims to abide by the flight schedule.
“When we talk of preparation for this year’s hajj, as far as Gombe State is concerned, we can say it is almost over, because we have achieved more than 95 per cent level of preparation so far.
“At this material time, we are close to even commencing the airlift of pilgrims.
“In our last meeting in Abuja, the National Hajj Commission announced that the inaugural flight is going to be in Abuja on July 30.
“Immediately after the inauguration, other departure centres will come on Aug. 2 or Aug. 3; we may likely commence the airlift in Gombe State on those days”.
He said that at present, the pilgrims from the state were now having their medical check-ups, including vaccination.
Gurama urged the intending pilgrims to maintain good rapport with the officials of the board in order to ensure a hitch-free hajj.
NNN.COM.NG is a portal where you can read latest Nigeria News from all Nigeria Newspapers such as such as Punch, Vangaurd, Daily Times, Thisday, Guardian, Nation, Leadership and more in one place. NNN aggregates Naija News and sort them according to their sources, category and relevance as a way of reducing the effort a news reader needs to put in to reading breaking news in Nigeria and across the world.