Connect with us

News

21-year-old electrocuted in Delta as high voltage destroys property

Published

on

21-year-old electrocuted in Delta as high voltage destroys property

Tears and deep mourning in Ubulu Uku community in Aniocha South Local Government Area of Delta State as a 21-year-old Peter Akabueze, was electrocuted.

The case appears to be that of ‘blessing turned sour’, as the community which had survived without power in the last six years, now lost a member due to high voltage power.

The tragedy occurred when Peter attempted to turn off a control switch at his family house.

Esther Okolie, a corporate affairs operator, sympathising with the family of the deceased said, it was a result of a failed insulator and the shattered insulator led to the high voltage.

Although she further said that it was discovered that Peter’s hand came in contact with a live wire, which was used to illegally extend supplies to another apartment.

A lawyer, Pascal Ofulue, explained that several factors were to be considered in order to ascertain who is liable.

Accepting that it was an act of God, the family have painfully accepted the loss.

Meanwhile, the community’s distribution company had been advised to improve the distribution lines in order to stabilise voltage and prevent a recurrence.

[mailerlite_form form_id=1]

Kayode Adelowokan

NEWSVERGE, published by The Verge Communications is an online community of international news portal and social advocates dedicated to bringing you commentaries, features, news reports from a Nigerian-African perspective.The Verge Communications (NEWSVERGE) is fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as a corporate organization.

JoinOurWhatsAppChannel