News
Joint security forces destroy 3 bandits’ camp in Kogi, rescue victims – Fanwo
joint operation involving Nigerian security agencies and local vigilantes has successfully destroyed three major bandits’ camps on Sunday in Kogi.
The state’s Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr Kingsley Fanwo, in a statement in Lokoja, said the camps wgich wew located in Kogi West, was led by a notorious bandit leader, Kachalla Babangida.
According to Fanwo, the operation, supported by air strikes and ground engagements, neutralised scores of bandits and rescued kidnap victims.
“Notorious bandit leader Kachalla Babangida’s camps were attacked with superior firepower, neutralising scores of bandits through coordinated air strikes and ground engagements.
“The camps were destroyed, and previously held kidnap victims were rescued,” Fanwo said.
He said the Kogi Government has moved the rescued victims to medical facilities for treatment and will later transfer them to IDP camps before reuniting them with their families.
He noted that the State Security Adviser, Cdr Jerry Omodara (rtd), praised the officers’ bravery and assured continued government support in eliminating banditry and terrorism.
He said the operation involved personnel from the Office of the National Security Adviser, 12 Brigade Nigerian Army, Navy, Air Force, Police, Department of State Services, and local vigilantes.
Fanwo told our correspondent:”the government will not disclose further details on camp locations, neutralised bandits and rescued victims for security reasons”.
The Kogi Government thanks President Bola Tinubu for his commitment to curbing banditry and terrorism.
The state also commends security agencies and local hunters for their dedication.
He said that Gov. Ahmed Ododo remains committed to ensuring Kogi is safe, sparing no resources to achieve this goal,” Fanwo said.




Davido's Net Worth & Lifestyle 