Connect with us

EDUCATION

JAMB releases 279 withheld UTME results

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results earlier withheld for further investigation.

The board disclosed this in a statement issued by its Public Communication Advisor, Dr Fabian Benjamin, on Thursday in Abuja.

Benjamin said the released results were in addition to those earlier made public.

According to him, the decision followed ongoing investigations into suspected examination malpractice.

He said while some results had been cancelled after evidence of malpractice was established, others were released after the board found no prima facie case against the affected candidates.

Benjamin added that results from centres where JAMB’s live monitoring team observed suspicious activities, or where adverse reports were received, remained withheld pending further investigation.

He said such results would be cancelled where sufficient evidence of culpability was established.

Benjamin advised candidates whose results were yet to be released to check their status by sending “UTMERESULT” to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used for registration.

Funmilayo Adeyemi

NEWSVERGE, published by The Verge Communications is an online community of international news portal and social advocates dedicated to bringing you commentaries, features, news reports from a Nigerian-African perspective. A unique organization, founded in the spirit of Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, comprising of ordinary people with an overriding commitment to seeking the truth and publishing it without fear or favour. The Verge Communications is fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as a corporate organization.

Comments
NIGERIA DECIDES

NIGERIA DECIDES

Shell Digital Plan RESPONSIVE600x750
Shell Digital Plan RESPONSIVE600x750
GTB
JoinOurWhatsAppChannel