Connect with us

News

AbdulRazaq to present N187.5bn revised 2022 budget

Published

on

Kwara State Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq

Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara says he will present the state’s 2022 revised budget of N187,531,705,929.00 to the state House of Assembly.

The state Executive Council gave AbdulRazaq the approval on Wednesday in Ilorin.

This is contained in a statement issued in Ilorin on Thursday by the State Commissioner for Communications, Mr Bode Towoju.

The revised fiscal trust placed emphasis on completion of ongoing capital projects and consistent payment of the new minimum wage across board.

It represents a shortfall of N2,085,781,695 (or 1.1%) from the approved 2022 budget of N189.6 billion, the statement said.

The council approval was given following a presentation of the estimates and performance of the approved budget by the Commissioner for Finance, Mrs Florence Oyeyemi.

According to the statement, the council meeting was chaired by the governor.

Oyeyemi said 52.34 per cent of the revised budget would go for recurrent expenditure, while the capital expenditure would gulp the remaining 47.66 per cent.

The commissioner explained that the recurrent peaked partly to accommodate rise in personnel cost, such as full implementation of the minimum wage in the mainstream civil service, agencies and parastatals of the state government.

The statement said the proposal would be submitted to the parliament soon.

daily post nigeria today news

Toba Ajayi

NEWSVERGE, published by The Verge Communications is an online community of international news portal and social advocates dedicated to bringing you commentaries, features, news reports from a Nigerian-African perspective. A unique organization, founded in the spirit of Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, comprising of ordinary people with an overriding commitment to seeking the truth and publishing it without fear or favour. The Verge Communications is fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as a corporate organization.

Comments
JoinOurWhatsAppChannel

Website Designed By DEBORIAN.COM, a Nigerian Web Designer and Web Developer -