Connect with us

SPORTS

Hazard ruled out of Belgium’s World Cup qualifiers

Published

on

Borussia Dortmund winger, Thorgan Hazard has been ruled out of Belgium’s upcoming internationals, due to injury, the national team said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old was last week named in manager Roberto Martinez’s squad for World Cup qualifiers against Estonia, the Czech Republic and Belarus from Sept. 2 to 8.

“Hazard is not fit and left the group this morning. He will continue his recovery at his club,” the national team said in a statement on Twitter.

Hazard had scored eight goals in 39 international appearances for Belgium and was part of the team that reached the quarter-finals at Euro 2020.

Joseph Edeh

NEWSVERGE, published by The Verge Communications is an online community of international news portal and social advocates dedicated to bringing you commentaries, features, news reports from a Nigerian-African perspective.A unique organization, founded in the spirit of Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, comprising of ordinary people with an overriding commitment to seeking the truth and publishing it without fear or favour.The Verge Communications is fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as a corporate organization.

Comments
JoinOurWhatsAppChannel